i am somewhere in between industrial and finding a suprise in the record
store.  i was at a Harmony House in Flint (the one on miller road if anyone
cares) looking through thier industrial and electronic music CD's.  that is
where i stumbled up a cd called Detroit: Beyond the Third Wave...it kinda
captured my attention with the artwork and the subject matter.  and besides
that it was out on Asterlwerks, fatboy Slims label.  so i figured it had to
be good since Fatboy Slim is soooo damn popular (this was when going out of
my mind was getting steady play on 120minutes and Amp)  i read the back were
it proceded to talk about detroit techno.  i was like "i wonder what this is
like...."  and i bought it.  one of the best CD's i have ever bought.  i
learned alot from that CD.  I still have a copy.  and i am looking for a
copy on vinyl.  The Claude Young, K-Hand, Stacy Pullen, and Shake tracks are
pure genius.  it is one of the few CD's that i have that can manage to
capture my attention and imagination still after all the times i have
listened to it.  i wish i had brought a copy with me...this boat ride is
boring.  oh, and there are a couple members from this list on it: T-1000
(AO, who also did the art work) and Sean Deason.  great stuff guys...