From: Tom Lawton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [313] industrial vs. hip hop and Astrelwerks
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 20:18:35 +0100

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] messed around with filters and compression to
make the sounds now known as:
>>I don't see how anybody, fan or producer, can come into techno via hip-hop.
>
>Speedy J?
>
>Ben Sims?
>(not sure about Ben...)

Dave Clarke was a hip-hop DJ before he turned to all things techno, and
that'd definately explain his wikkid turntablesque skills of late.

TTFN,
--
Tom Lawton
ICQ:21604785

"A penny saved is ridiculous"

Autechre have also cited hip hop as their earliest influence, esp. Mantronix and the Mantronik produced Just Ice album. Title of this one escapes me. Was it "Back To the Old School"? One of my adolescence hallmarks (among others ;) ), listening to that stuff...

Jorge