So far no one has mentioned what to me is one of the most overlooked bands
ever: Propaganda! A German outfit that put out two albums on Trevor Horn's
ZTT (including a remix album, Wishful Thinking) in the mid-80s and did the
song Dr Mabuse. This record still sounds ace. And they had industrial/techno
overtones! The sleeve notes, concepts, artwork, everything are amazing. I
just found their remix album (the remixes are called 'disturbdances') by
chance a few weeks ago in a second-hand record store and could hardly
contain myself. I play their stuff all the time!!