invisible wrote:

> i saw him performing two months ago and he definitely rocked . there's a new
> advent album out on conform called "past forward". i have not heard it so
> far, any reviews?

This album is hard as nails.  Taking the Advent sound one step further.  Still
there are the 4 bar riding crash cymbals, and the usual array of intricate
snare, hi hat work which define The Advent.  In addition Cisco adds the monotrax
two beat clap (made popular by Tanaka, Heil et al.) and throws in some midtrack
cutups (ala Gforce, Jack Mackerel).  The midrange is still getting the usual
Advent workout but seems to be getting a little more volume in the mix.  By far
the best stuff I've heard from them in a while.  If you thought the Kombination
stuff was starting to all sound alike you'll be pleasantly surprised by this
twist in the Advent signature sound.  How's that?  Anyone need some record
reviews done?
Todd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]