Speaking of John Beltran....  Check out his 'Indio' release on Transmat..
Nice downtempo, well orchestrated and immacculately produced.

Also.. _please_ listen to Isolee, however not related directly to detroit
style, these guys or guy or girl (any info anyone?) are essentiallly the
autechre of house music.  Featured on Free Zone 5 or 6, I can't remember.

Scott