on 6/20/00 9:56 AM, Nathan DeYonker at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 2) Derek Plaslaiko ended his intense acid workout at DEMF with The Beatles
> "Taxman" from Revolver, which is I suppose the first "acid" record that I
> own. Do people that know a lot about rock n roll consider Revolver to be
> the first acid record? Pretty clever of Derek eh? Was anyone else in rock n
> roll, or maybe jazz/soul or another genre experimenting with the
> psychedelic sound that way way early?

The Yardbirds may have beaten the Beatles to the punch, and Brian Williams
get's into the mix with Pet Sounds.  Check an interesting essay at:

http://allmusic.com/cg/x.dll?p=amg&sql=J244

At the forefront of jazz at the same time was Coltrane and Davis, and early
avant garde innovators like Ornette Coleman.   Sun Ra had pretty much
already been there for a while though.
--
There4IM