This is a nice thread.

1) The rarest record I own (of all records) is the Buka / Cicciolina
split 7", which has to also be the coolest record I own. It's a split
7" between a Croatian noise/grind band doing odd rock music and
a bootlegged side of Italian ex-porn star / member of government (?)
Cicciolina performing "Sexy Porno Star" (disco) live with presumably the
Buka guys talking dirty in some Balkan tongue over the recording
they're making. The cover is _extremely_ vulgar. I guess there were
something like 50 or less of these given out to friends of Dave /
Psycho Mania records out of Scotland and friends of Buka. I also have
a near complete Patareni discography (making me one of about
a hundred people on Earth who know who the Patareni are and one
of I think three outside of Croatia who have almost all their records.)

2) The rarest Detroit techno record I own is probably Plaid's "Scoobs
In Columbia" 12" on GPR. I guess there are only 200 of those, very
rare and very cool as well. The rarest truly awesome record I own is
"The Philosophy of Sound and Machine" CD which is limited to something
like 500 and is one of the biggest treasures in IDM/313. I also have all
that old Detroit and Black Dog stuff that most other fanatics have but
no crazy rare but crappy white labels.

3) Favorite record? Argh. Tough one. Favorite 12" is Underground
Resistance's "Punisher". Favorite CD is probably "Innovator" but the
Martian, Depth Charge 1, Autobahn and 76:14 all come very close.

Matt