> My two pence:
> St. Germain (Ludovic Navarre), Frederic Galliano, and A Reminiscent Drive
> are three French artists that also have been stepping in line with Detroit
> for some time now. Anyone care to comment?

I forget that france even has electronic music producers (til i
pull out the vinyl). I think of France as being a place where hiphop has
been able to stay true and develop. The language lends itself to the rhyme
and meters of rap. More importantly for me, there has been a continued
strong focus on the political and social comment.

I can think of more austrian (viennese) artists who reflect and build on
the detroit/chicago influence. Not that I can remember them now... apart
from memory foundation :)

 emma
 mee-thod
-it's in the way that you groove it-