In a message dated 31/07/00 21:44:54 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> But speaking of Hardcore music, there is a consensus, which is 200 bpm for
>  hardcore track.
>  I'm still seeking when UR make tracks at 200 BPM......with trashy, noisy,
>  nasty sounds.

Back in the day when hardcore DJ's played UR, which they did, quite often in
many occasions, hardcore was nowhere near to 200 bpm.  It was in fact around
the same speed as most techno (which is why UR and other early techno like
Joey Beltram was played in hardcore sets - alot), originally it was even
slower.  Back in these days people werent so uptight about what music could
be played by whom and what genre it was and whether or not it was acceptable.
 It was just a case of play anything that made people dance.  I think we
could do with a bit more of that attitude these days actually, there are not
many DJ's around anymore who are happy to genre hop their way through a set,
and its a bit of a shame really.

But then again, if someone started mixing trance into a techno set, I suppose
I would get pretty pissed off...

Anyway, UR were definately NOT hardcore, but they were certainly mixed in
with it, and definately had an influence on it.

Aaron