I transcribed part of Derrick May's words from 'Planet Rock', the final
episode of the BBC series 'Dancing in the Streets':

'It's sad, in the 20th century, in the 1990's, we have to still go the same
bullshit route that other black artists have had to go to get acceptance.
Because we're not entertaining bouffant idiots, we have to go someplace else
to be accpeted, and that's absolute bullshit.

If it wasn't for the independents, for the small, dinky little cities, and
the few little ghetto black guys trying to make music, it would have never
happened. As quite as it's kept some of these guys will never make a dime.
Some of these guys will be poor and die alone. But in the process, they've
been the true renegades, and the true rebels always walk alone anyway.'

peace out,
florian