>The whole Scandinavian banging sound was
> too raw for me; what I like about Surgeon is how pristine his recent
> material sounds (and his basslines _do_ have soul, if you pay
> attention to them). If it's going to be raw, it needs extra soul --
> something Jeff Mills and Mad Mike understand very well, but the folks
> on Primate don't (in my opinion, natch).

----I'm out on a limb here, and I'd say that my opinions are probably not the same as the majority of the list's, but I love that raw Drumcode sound. The whole _SWEDISH_ sound has definitely got some sort of chemistry to it, because if you look at any recent Jeff mills mixes (i have "essential mix" on tape) he plays about 30% swedish stuff (carola, beyer, primate...ect.) Like I said before, it seems that most people on this list have something against the swedish "sound", but nevertheless, I love it.

Dennis