This may be weird irony, but I was just thinking about this very topic after seeing some headline on the cover of some UK mag and now as I tread through the new Tall Paul mix (it's for work, not pleasure...)

        Suuuuuuure. keep on telling yourself that! ;)

I can't define what is and what isn't hard house, since it's an ambiguous term, but I do believe that a lot of these trance guys are coming to their senses a bit and getting tired of all the formulaic trance that has flooded the market for the past 2-3 years. I think a lot of them are turning to what's being called "hard house" because it doesn't have as much of the clichéd (aka cheese) stuff that makes so many people dis trance. In other words, it's a safer sound, a sort of compromise between trance and Relief-style hard house.

        First, please do not insult one of my favorite labels by
        comparing it to trance music in the UK. Second, it doesn't
        matter what horrible music those DJ's hide under.
        Bad music is bad music, you can't hide from that fact, jak!

        Peace,

        Kyeo

        NP: Stars. Fingers Inc.