This would be better discussed on the .microsound mailing list, but
suffice it to say that without the printing press we probably wouldn't
have Franz Kafka and Italo Calvino, not to mention the Age of
Enlightenment and the American Revolution.

I don't believe in "democracy" per se, but surely access to the means
of production also means access for geniuses no matter how many
imbeciles may also have their say. The problem is lack of education,
not excess of democracy in the means of cultural production.

~David