Sasha is a prime example of a boring dj becoming even more boring with
Ableton.

----- Original Message ----
From: J.C. <do...@kzsu.stanford.edu>
To: list 313 <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:08:38 AM
Subject: Re: (313) re: Mills interview in the Wire

On 17 February 2009, kent williams wrote:

> I've seen loads of DJs play boring sets with no consideration for
> their audience, using good ol vinyl and turntables. To paraphrase the
> NRA, "Technology doesn't bore a crowd, DJs bore a crowd."

I've generally experienced a higher percentage of the laptop DJs deliver boring
sets than the non-laptop ones.  Maybe there's a bit more adrenaline in play
outside the box.

-- San Francisco Bay Guardian's Readers Choice Award Winner: Best Radio DJ:
http://www.sfbg.com/promo/pollpositions.php
AIM: jckzsu (or kzsudj during my show.)

"Opinions are my own only, and do not necessarily represent those of
KZSU Radio or Stanford University." (or words to that effect.)