From: JT Stewart [mailto:etmach...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:59 AM
To: Richard Hester
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) mysticism in electronic music (and where has it gone)

A lot of people assume that what they themselves (especially) and their
friends are doing, as far as buying habits, is what everybody is doing.
And than make proclamations about the fate of the medium they're leaving
behind as if they are experts.

Vinyl still sells. In fact some labels are doing _very_ well selling
vinyl. I might point to certain (mostly) bootleg label.

Digital sells, but it's not as easy to manage/produce content as you
might think, or as it is to buy. It's also not as fulfilling for many
artists and labels. It's not always all about the consumer. Music is and
always will be art as well as a commercial product.

JT