On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Martin Dust wrote:

The days of digging crates for vinyl with nsc etchings are passed.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, I can see labels/distributors doing small runs and still keeping the quality release up. I know a lot of people think vinyl is a pain in the jack adams but I still love the process dearly.

There was this one guy keeping a record shop in Oulu a few years back. We called him "Diskerin Veikko" (Diskeri being the store name and the latter his firstname). Quite eccentric fellow in more ways than one. Once he opened up and told me that the thing he liked about vinyls was: "... after work I'd spread some nice vinyl covers all over my living room, put a good record on the turntable, and just listen and enjoy the artwork."

That's one of the things I like about vinyl packaging, good artwork. Better yet if it tells a story related to the music stored within as well.

Jussi Lehtonen

  "Metaprogram yourself."