On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Tristan Watkins wrote:

Is it that the package itself is 100% essential?

In my opinion the physical package sometimes delivers additional value. But similar kind of thing can be accomplished with the digital releases as well. One option is to create easter eggs in the files - or to the web page distributing them (some people might mistake them as viruses, but I think it's nowadays called viral marketing... :) UR's Codebreaker contained a kind of easter egg, but I haven't heard or seen anything of the kind since.

Any thoughts?

Jussi Lehtonen

  "Metaprogram yourself."