Cheers Robin...

Current faves here

Idjut boys - Droid 2
Jody Finch - Whistle Worm ad Jack your big booty on Lets Pet Puppies
Marcus Intalex - Four Three Three

robin wrote:

OK, I can't bear to see the list descend into the usual nonsense about formats so can we talk about music?

Some new stuff that's lighting my fire right now.

Culoe de Song - The Bright Forest - Innervisions

Wicked little debut. Two tracks (three on digital) all of high quality but it's the title track that kills it for me. Along the lines of the epic NY house sound (Sydenham/Chandler etc) but with just a little more UR to it. Proper awesome sound. It's hard to get an idea of what this sounds like from clips so check his RA podcast (with a preview of his upcoming Reggie Dokes remix on Boddhi Satva's label). This kid's still a teenager as far as I can tell - amazing.

BLM - Believe in Love - Fear of Flying
OK, rocking a 90s Detroit house style but this is done so nicely it's hard to resist. Arguably you could say this another UR inspired cut. I hanker for more house gear from the Submerge camp...

Trackleton - While My Sequencer Gently Weeps - Yore
Solid pulsating techno sounding a little like Osborne on a good day. OK, I'm not great shakes as a record reviewer but I love this :)

Nebraska - Satellite Variations - Rush Hour
More Nebraska awesomeness from Alistair Gibbs. These are older cuts that, given the style, should sound dated. They don't though, well worth picking up. There's also the Terrestrial Variations EP out too that I haven't picked up yet.

Kode 9 - Black Sun - Hyperdub
Like the 'broken' scene occasionally served up some proper techno so the dubstep scene does the same. Both tracks on this ep worth checking.

Martyn - All I Have is Memories - Apple Pips
OK, I'm well late but I like the airy summery vibe to this. In a slow mid-90s DnB way. 'Suburbia' on the flip is more on the dubstep vibe.
Martyn also does house, check his mix of Ican's 'Caminos Del Ninos'.

robin...

--
Playing

- 6th June - under_score w/ Rob Hall
- 11th June - Sheffield
- 27th June - NYC Downlow - Glastonbury

Placid on the t'interweb - http://www.acid-house.net

Vinyl for Sale - http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?seller=placid

Placid's Gigs and Gigography -
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41658902688

Live on Future-music.co.uk every other Thursday - 8pm - 10pm