From: Kevin Kennedy [mailto:the...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:29 PM
To: 313
Subject: (313) Been Reading...now speaking...talking about the future (of fbk
that is:)

Hello all.  Been reading all of the comments about the future/death/life/cycle
of the 313 list.  As long as we talk there will be no death.

We all know what everyone's hot button issues are...and sadly, less and less of
us are actively purchasing music due to many other issues that we'll file under
"life" or "growing up."

     Anyhow, I thought I would mention something that might pique many listers
interest:  Arne Weinberg's label Diametric
(http://www.diametric-music.com/) has a new release: tangula's descending
ep...it's vinyl, limited to 300 copies....and I like it...deep techno with
something that most of the garbage created nowadays doesn't have-a little funk
to it.

Maybe I'm talking out of school here, but Arne is set to release an album on CD
as the next project...and then there's a release by a guy who calls himself fbk
after...the ep is called "the expert escapist"
and will have some of my best work on it...funky, melodic, and expressive...be
on the lookout for that this summer (crosses fingers).

    I am really excited to say something about this, and will continue to give
up info as I get it.

As a side note, I have gone back to using hardware, and there will be results
to post for everyone soon...

Cheers from somewhere outside of detroit (but well within its magnetic pull),

--
fbk

sleepengineering/absoloop US