Since I'm going to be in Detroit for DEMF, it goes without saying that I MUST go shopping for music.

What record stores are still open in Detroit? I need techno, dnb, 2-step, dubstep, etc. Vinyl or CD, but I prefer CDs, especially used since I'm on a tighter budget than I'd prefer.

I was hoping to be able to go to Melodies and Memories, Detroit Threads and Record Time. Maybe I'll make the trek out to Flat Black and Circular once again (so far away, but always worth it).

Are there any other stores still around that're worth the few coins I have to spend?

According to the Submerge website, Somewhere in Detroit will be open DEMF weekend. I've never been there. I've never had to make an appointment to go record shopping anywhere. The whole idea is foreign to me. What's the place like? Is it large or small? Is it mostly stuff that they sell on the website, or is the in-store stock more extensive? Can I work my way through the store in an hour or so, or should I set aside more time?

--
{}0+>|