I think that people should produce music how they want to produce, and
be judged on the results.  I think if you stand where Rick Wilhite
stands, you'd be justifiably skeptical of digital DJs.  I can disagree
with him and still have mad respect for him.

And honestly, what he believes that (arguably) isn't so is much saner
than a lot of things artists say they believe.  How much crazy sh*t
has Prince said over the years?

As for RA commenters, one should not judge humanity on the comments
left on blogs & websites.  The best thing I can say for a lot of them
is that at least they're sitting at their computer typing instead of
going out in the world and actualizing their hatred and ignorance.