I agree with you on that - my own perspective focuses more on the
sound design and point of origin of the seed that was planted for
electronic music inside oneself.  Not that I have necessarily a deep
amount of successful credibility (I did a self-released 12" and album,
am not terribly devoted to externalizing my recordings), but I always
approached electronic music from the synthesizer, the sound making
machine, and not from the record.  I suppose I started wanting to make
techno before I heard techno.  Alternatively, my musical interests are
probably at least 50% outside of techno/dance music, and fall into
industrial, noise, ambient, and a lot of what I think of as some of
the most special UK stuff from the 90's like orbital, orb, fsol,
underworld.  Dancey music, yes.  After these 4, doesn't even make
sense to consider drivel like min_s something real.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Martin Dust <mar...@dustscience.com> wrote:

> On 22 Sep 2010, at 14:58, kuszyn...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> (Here comes some flame bait)
>>
>> And this is why I really like Jeff Mills.  Frankly, I know very few
>> electronic music people who look at things as producers.  They become
>> producers after djing, which to me isn't musical, it's beat making.
>
> Not sure if that's really correct, you still have to understand structure and
> key changes when DJing...

-Mike