Okay, here's some controversy. In my (quite serious) opinion, THE most
INFLUENTIAL and IMPORTANT Detroit techno artist is

... wait for it...

MOODYMANN.

I'm not joking, it may be considered house, but I think that the way
Moodymann records are mixed and structured is quite forward thinking,
and maybe the blueprint for things a lot of producers all over the
world now are doing, but certainly were not doing when moodymann
started doing his thing. Jeff Mills also has done some really forward
thinking things with arrangements and mixing, but that aspect of his
output hasn't really been that influential in comparison to Jeff's DJ
style and his trackier side.

The greatest Moodymann record of all time for me is actually recent by
the way... "it's 2 late 4 u and me"!!!

Discuss... ;-)

~David