For me, I tend to think of Drexciya's music as an overall ouevre; for
example, put on "The Quest" and read Jules Verne's "20,000 Leagues
Under the Sea" or for that matter, cycle through their entire catalog
on a low level (especially if you've got, say, a house wired with
surround sound in every room and a central broadcasting source) and
spend a dreary winter weekend with Robert Anton Wilson's "Illuminatus
Trilogy."

But Frank, I totally agree with you - few tracks stand out on their
own and bear repeated plays as singles; that said, when you throw one
into a mix unexpectedly, I've seen people just lose their minds on the
dance floor. It's almost the "secret handshake" of techno once you're
somewhere besides Detroit.

There's no denying Stinson's influence on many Detroit artists and
producers, or that Drexciya's trademark bubbling and popping funk
sounds are audible in, say, Luke Eargoggle's tracks, giving them a
"Frankenstein's castle in the year 2060" quality. My only regret is
that they never produced an animated feature fleshing out the Aquabahn
mythology with a full soundtrack; seems like it'd be perfect for a
midnight double feature along with that French 1973 classic,
"Fantastic Planet."

Has anyone considered selectively scoring a silent film with their
work? If not, I'd love to see/hear it... a girl can dream!