The term "deep house" has been around since at least the
late 1980s and has meant a great many different things along the
way.  Discussions like the one on Wikipedia completely miss the
point -- "deep" has been in the eye of the beholder since the
start.  Some would insist that all deep house has vocals, and others
would say it mostly doesn't.  And so on.  The only term that's even
less helpful is "progressive house," which has been completely
different things at different times.

That said, here's one I think everyone would agree qualifies as
"deep house":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTBRkL2gltk

fh