I have a pretty good idea what's been happening downtown and what's not been
happening in the rest of the city having lived there most of my life. Chess
pieces are great, but there is a long way to go before positive progress is
achieved; regular neighborhoods need to start turning around.

I honesty don't think that Detroit is not at the stage to support two large
techno festivals, especially since they are not together. I hope it can, but I
don't see it.

If this new festival would have been scheduled, say the following weekend after
Movement, I could see some of the "unity" and community the article alludes to.
After parties and day raves could have been the glue and the two fests the book
ends.

And no, I have no idea what Carol does for a living. What I do remember is that
a lot of people weren't paid when she was last at the helm and next thing I
heard she moved on and started ravestivals in other cities. Kudos to her.

If she's been sleeping on a bed made of money this whole time, why did it take
a decade for DEMF to come back? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone