What really is even more sad is that many of us barely communicate with
each other until it's time to eulogize the ones we lost.

I'm sad about this passing, as I have been about so many other friends that
I'll never see again.

Here's my personal perspective:
I have, for the last two years or so have been on dialysis.  I've spent the
last year having multiple eye surgeries in order to save my sight.  I've
been through hell.

We as a society focus so much on dying and death that many times people
forget to think about living.
Tell friends that you love them. Say the kind words to the people who you
respect. Thank the artists that enriched your experience. It takes nothing
to be nice, and who knows, you might make their day brighter.

Just a thought for you from someone who has had to confront his mortality
recently.