>To my knowledge, most Planet E 12"s are
>not distributed outside the US, but some European
>labels are stable enough to do this.

They are quite well distributed through Siren in Australia who have tried to
raise its profile and done very well - I wish other labels were this well
distributed. The market is small yet growing. A night with Common Factor and
Recloose sold out in advance on Tuesday night in Melb and the guys are
playing again this weekend, so that says something of its profile. In the US
it's quite political distributing records - there is so much politics and
expense involved. The chain stores make all kinds of demands of labels -
it's probably endemic throughout the world to an extent. This is why small
retailers are so important, they just need to get over their elitist
attitudes which put off girls and non-DJs and new listeners.