I think its cool.  I think its about time someone in the Detroit community
acknowledged the works of Atkins, May and Saunderson.  I thinks its very
appropriate that Ford\auto manufacturing (or the lack there of) in Detroit,
was a main inspiration for the works of the early producers, and still is a
driving force in the history and the makings of the city.

now, obviously, Ford is just cashing in on a "new craze", which is both good
and bad.  Relatively good because it gives Atkins and the "innovators"
public respect and also hleps out their pocketbooks.  Perhaps the only "bad"
part of the deal would have to be the noteriety that may result in the music
consumers (as opposed to the music lovers [see prince post way back in
spring] ) turning towards techno, and hence bringing the things that come
with that popularity.

One thing for sure, this proves the integrity of those original works by the
innovators.

I look forward to actually seeing this commercial now.

Dennis

P.S.  Any Dutch or Belgian 313ers ----  My wife and I are going to Belgium
this weekend to attend the "I love Techno" event.  If anyone would like to
meet up at the party or before\after - please contact me today.  (don't
contact me to beat the tar out of me because you disagree with my opinions
on the list...   that wouldn't look good in front of my wife.....)