[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
Why don't you pay for the music instead of ripping artists and labels off !!!!!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
don't worry im going to pay a lot of money for my music 'cuz im going to buy decks and so many many vinyls ....but till this moment i go on ripping music on napster...have you got any problem about that?

You might think this is funny now... but... it won't be.

What happens when the current techological barriers to widespread adoption of all-digital music performance-mixing are removed? That is to say, when the D in DJ will stand for Digital and not Disc. And yes, the word I used is "when", not "if".

Vinyl can already be more easily replaced with a digital file; all we're waiting on is the interface. And who the hell is going to lug around a 50 lb. box of discs of plastic with little squiggly lines on them after they're presented with a quality alternative?

I'd be interested in knowing when you think this will happen. Because when it does, I'd like to know what you think will happen to the small independent record labels because of it.

Just some post-Thanksgiving food for thought...

- Craig