In a message dated 11/29/00 6:03:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< hmmm...

 I'd say that turntables will go the way of the guitar
 (that they've replaced). Sure guitars are still
 played, but are our kids going to be right into what
 we listen to? How many people these days are right
 into Motown or Duke Ellington (for example)? Many
 respect it (and many haven't heard enough, but there
 is too much recorded music now to digest properly I
 think), but their statements have already been made.
 So you can't go out and be a part of a great Jazz show
 the way you could when it was cutting everything else.
 Different periods of time value different sounds in
 music. Maybe a computer mixer that can play unlimited
 tracks similtaneously with sounds you make and samples
 and wave files and loops, will have an easier time
 generating music that people will want to hear in 20
 years? Now I'm not attacking anything about what's
 going on these days that I love, but imo it has to
 pass.

 my $0.02
 Rich:) >>

i agree here as well.  this ties into a point richie hawtin made in an
interview i saw.  the question was, what is the next step that technology
will take as far as dj'ing? (something along those lines).  He basically went
on to say that an interface is needed for all of the new things going
on...i.e computers, mp3's etc.