hmmm...

I'd say that turntables will go the way of the guitar
(that they've replaced). Sure guitars are still
played, but are our kids going to be right into what
we listen to? How many people these days are right
into Motown or Duke Ellington (for example)? Many
respect it (and many haven't heard enough, but there
is too much recorded music now to digest properly I
think), but their statements have already been made.
So you can't go out and be a part of a great Jazz show
the way you could when it was cutting everything else.
Different periods of time value different sounds in
music. Maybe a computer mixer that can play unlimited
tracks similtaneously with sounds you make and samples
and wave files and loops, will have an easier time
generating music that people will want to hear in 20
years? Now I'm not attacking anything about what's
going on these days that I love, but imo it has to
pass.

my $0.02
Rich:)

i agree with GYS,

if records and turntables were going to be
misplaced..it woulkd have
already happened.  My friends and I always talk about
how its ironic that
we pump out the most "futuristic" music, with the most
"manual" of
instruments.