Ugh man. This thread hits 313 once a year I think. Is techno dead? Is rock
dead? Is the turntable dead? how about the zither?

Classical music has been around for centuries and it is still the only
genre of music that some people will listen to. Much traditional music has
been around for a milennium. Kids still go apeshit about Motown thanks to
the rise of a good "classic soul" station in the classic rock saturated
detroit area.

If music ages well, then people are going to listen to it. the kids are
right into guitar music and always will be as long as a teisco can be had
at a vintage instrument shop for 75$. Something good will come out of Korn
and Limp Bizkit some day, and underground rock is still quite the
commodity.

and to think there's "too much music out there"? not trying hard enough to
find it, cause there's always talent and inventiveness out there. I am
astounded at the records I hear nowadays be it soulful techno, crunchy
spaztic idm, or badass reggae/soul from people who are as dead as a
doornail

nothing will pass until no one listens to it anymore, and just because a
statement's already been made doesn't mean it won't affect my life. I can
relate to statements made before the beginning of recorded history.