--- darw_n <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
> > On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 03:25:45PM -0800, darw_n
> wrote:
> > > since I have yet to hear a real stance from
> techno....
> >
> > UR?
> >

> sure, but I can point to many many groups within the
> techno scene who have
> entirely polar opposite views, UR's is simply one
> position in a near
> infinite amount of stances, varying from one extreme
> to another.  Because of
> this highly factioned system of opinions, the only
> just position that indeed
> covers the entire movement is none at all...
This is what sets the "movement" apart from other
genres, the rules to define techno are very loose.

The fact that techno is such a broad genre is one of
the advantages of it being underground. If it became
mainstream, it'd become formulaic (or rather the
mainstream clones would).

Nick (Dj Pacific:)

If techno stops being underground