Re:
FORD COULD CARE LESS ABOUT TECHNO! THEY JUST WANT TO SELL CARS! that's the
bottom line.

AMEN BROTHER! Please believe that everyone! Don't think that they are friendly to techno music anymore than they are friendly to country&western New Age music. What they are most friendly to is a guy named George Washington. Well, George and Shell Oil.
Check these sites for info on how Ford has felt towards others:

http://www.kwaku.org/bh/ford/boycott_ford_motor_company.htm
http://www.millennium-debate.org/ind21july.htm
http://detnews.com/menu/stories/45459.htm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/nov98/nazicars30.htm
And let's not forget the ongoing battle about the tire recall...

if they thought there was a big enough market for Midget
Transsexual Racecar Drivers they would exploit that.

Oh I wish they would...then I might buy one of their crappy cars.

it's all about appealing to a mass of people and then moving in for the >kill, it has about as much to do with techno as the AMA has to do with >music :)

Wha? You mean that the AMA isn't about quality but quantity? Oh man! My whole outlook on life is totally trashed now! What can I believe in anymore?

The only award I think most techno artists would accept would be one voted on by their fans. Maybe an award ceremony at the next DEMF?

Fred