I agree, I think what I and others have been said has maybe been
misconstrued.  I myself never said I was adverse to technology, I never said
I was a traditionalist. Also we were discussing DJs, not live acts, though I
agree this divide could be rendered even more fluid in the future. Someone
mentioned Sutekh's live sets but that is something different - in fact I
just chased up an interview on him the other week and I believe I was the
only one to cover his Australian tour, so there you go. I'm on the pulse. :)

Like I said there is good AND bad technology, technology that aids
creativity, technology that hampers it. Did you all not see my post about
Maurice Fulton. He had a computer for a year and couldn't use it as he
didn't know how to turn it on  - this in 98. Finally his gf showed him. Now
he has produced a whole album with just a powerbook and a keyboard. And he
is a creative person, his music is out there. His studio set up fits on a
window sill. He can take it on a plane! That is an example of technology
aiding creativity, you can work without all that scary looking stuff around
you, it probably frees the mind. Maybe I was wrong to jump in and assess the
new Finalscratch without seeing it, hearing it, I can see that, sorry Tosh
for that. But what Tosh described sounded awfully like a high tech jukebox
like in those old diners and damn that is old skool, not future skool, but
hey the discussions are great and Tosh should feel chuffed to have
introduced a cool topic that brought out interesting responses from Dale
Lawrence and others, rather than jump in and diss people he barely knows
just because they are sceptical of some things.