I think it's fair to say people without a car are capable of being happy and
don't miss a single thing without which they could not live. Mobile phones
and the internet also allow us to see/hear more of the world and it's people
and, i think just a tad, affect the economy.
This Finalscratch 'debate' is crazy. If people were just a little less
rigid....

his is absolute bollocks. Just take a minute to look back

in the past and see what was the last invention which has

really affected all of our lives, whether we wanted it or

not. Was it the mobile phone? Was it the internet? No it

wasn't. People not using the internet, or not using a

mobile phone are perfectly happy and do not miss a single

thing without which they could not live. The last

invention which really affected everybody and everything

was the car. It gave us the possibility to see more of the

world, it affected the environment (roads, pollution), it

affected the economy. It changed the face of the earth.

All the other new and revolutionary technologies are mere

trifles in our lives.

This comment is insane, NOONE is saying that. I can't understand the
defensiveness this topic generates.

I prefer to play with vinyls, and I don't care to tow

along truckloads of record bags, I feel good with it, and

if you think that makes me a narrow-minded, old-fashioned

conservative, you couldn't be more wrong.