Don't know if there are any Monthy Python fans on this list, but I think this
is turning into a rather silly discussion. Just play what you want at the speed
you want, it's just a matter of feeling comfortable. I usually play no faster
than 120/125bpm, so I have to downpitch almost everything. And if I want to
play "Untitled" by Robby Hood, I have to pitch up my beats and still play it -8
(for the record, pitching up to +16 does not do anything for downpitching!),
and I like it just fine.
If one should play every record as it was intended, there wouldn't be a lot of
mixing freedom now would there? Hell, you wouldn't even need pitching, let
alone technics. Do you think dj's play the BPM-level the way they made the
record?! That's what I mean, silly ain't it?

RD