On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Dennis Donohue wrote:

> Almost as narrow-minded as the people who say +15% is evil, and should never
> be tried without the cleansing of a preist.

i've been forced to play a lot on 16% technics. after couple of months,
the area around +-3 % marked area comes useless, making the dj effectively
playing everything on at least +6% (or -6), giving playable range around
+6 to +12 (yikes). annoying. kills the basslines and bassdrum tones,
as well as in house music all vocals... people usually learn after they've
played for around 4, 5 years that 8% is enough. then they have enough
records to play varied tempo stuff, without needing that 16%.

> BTW - I like to keep to a certain speed, because that is my taste.  Your
> taste is different.  Live with it.  Don't become so intangled in debate that
> you have to remark in a negative tone.

well, then buy only records that are already at your favoured
tempo, so you don't need 16% pitch control. sure it's great to ride on for
example at 135 bpm for an hour, but for 6 hours? 8 hours? there's lots of
good music, which is slower, as well as faster.

sakke