Almost as narrow-minded as the people who say +15% is evil, and should never be tried without the cleansing of a preist.

Dennis

BTW - I like to keep to a certain speed, because that is my taste. Your taste is different. Live with it. Don't become so intangled in debate that you have to remark in a negative tone.

From: Sakari Karipuro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Dennis Donohue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] Gemini CDJ Package For Sale
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:08:30 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Dennis Donohue wrote:

> I agree...
> There are alot of older tracks that I rarely play anymore because they are
> only 135BPM at +8, and I usually play faster than that.
> For instance: anything on +8
>               Spastik by plastikman
>               Anything by woddy McBride (incl. Basketball heroes)
>               Most Metroplex records

why do you ruin good old classics by playing them too fast? that sounds
horrible! and why are you limiting yourself to only about 135 bpm? start
working from slower records then slowly work it up to more uptempo, it's
really easy. then learn to bring the tempo downwards. d'oh. buy yourself a
bit wider range of records and try again. thank you. I can't understand
this "i play only this tempo" thingy at all. it's so narrow minded.

sakke