I wasn't even go to reply to this but my hands got the better of me.
>hows about we all get together and pay you to give him chinese burns until
>he agrees to make another album.

Man, I can't even believe people say these things. That would make him even
less likely to do one. He is a free spirit and I'm sure he will do it when
he feels the timing is right.

Can you imagine how often Derrick must get asked this? Come up with some
deep, leftfield, creative questions that challenge him, not the obvious
ones. Try to empasise with him. Also if you want to ask him about the past,
also ask him about now, the future. It's not very tactful to just ask
artists about the past when they have so much more to offer. That's why the
word 'icon' is better than 'legend' because it's timeless. I promise if you
think about it, it will be really rewarding.

>or there's the question I once asked andy weatherall... "being a 'legend',
>do you ever wonder you might go sh*t and no-one would tell you?"

I seriously doubt whether that would happen. Transmat artists are
notoriously perfectionist about their work and hard on themselves and from
what I can gauge they tell each other EXACTLY what they think - maybe that's
something to do with the Detroit community, that creatice competitiveness, I
don't know. Also I don't know why people feel the need to ask questions with
a negative slant like that. The implication is kinda cruel. It's not like
Derrick has ever released something substandard, it's not like he is overly
prolific with no quality control. Even artists have feelings. If someone
were to ask me that I would feel quite uncomfortable. I don't know how
Derrick would react, but I would feel offended.

It's like that Eryakah Badu line from the live CD that goes something like
"Be careful I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my  s**t."