Arne: I feel that a nice mix of melodic and harder driving tracks is interesting and preferable on the dansefloor. At home, when I put on an album, usually i'll go for a more melodic one (ex.-heiko laux:sensefiction, plaid:trainer). Not that I think that all of 313 released albums fit the term "melodic". for example, some of Black nation's latest releases (jay denham's madman pt 2, gayle san) seem more closely musically linked to the harder german loop-based releases than some of the more soulful D tunes. not that i mind. again, i like both. Some of the melodic change in this music is very subtle, not like some of the freestyle-feeling keyboards on UR's codebreaker. (south operations:faces remixes, joel mull:imagination, doublex:dbl-lp on kanzlerampt, archtype:myths & rituals, mark broom, oliver ho, marco carola, kid 606<---some albums and people that come to mind that combine the best of both worlds imo).

rorschach

From: "M Elliot-Knight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] German techno that fits 313?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 17:09:05 -0000

Actually, I think there is lots of great German techno. Kanzleramt, Kurbel
(especially Heiko Laux's Soul Dancer EP is excellent Detroit style), i220,
Disko B and International DJ Gigolo, Elektrolux, Electric Kingdom, Fieber,
Monoid, Ware, Stir 13, Playhouse... there's loads of great German techno.
Why is it that living in the states I can find it on record but nobody here
(in Mpls.) plays it or Detroit techno in the clubs?

MEK