On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Steven Taylor wrote:

>> this isn't a record, you can't change what's on the CD or how it's
>> read, all you can do is obstruct it, or clear an obstruction, and a CD
>> player with good oversampling isn't going to be obstructed easily, and
>> when it is, it just skips ahead.
>
> Youve answered your own question! The more it skips ahead and the greater
> the error rate the less accurate the sound reproduction will be or is that
> Voodoo as well?...

Well, unless you have an utterly old/crappy player I doubt that there's a
significant difference with their effectiveness in error-correction and
thus outputting a better sound. After all, there are easier ways to
improve the quality of the sound at home, acoustics and cabling
for example.

What's the name of that tech/gear-question focused tech/gear-list
again...?-)

 Jussi Lehtonen     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     www.netppl.fi/~sandman

  "Do not allow yourself to be programmed.
   For once, in your life, take control. Take control." - UR