What I think is that this forum should be used for constructive debate not 'told
you so' snipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 05/11/2001 11:23:04 AM

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED], 313@hyperreal.org
cc:    (bcc: Paul Matheson/US/BBHComm)

Subject:  Re: [313] Carl Craig Fired!

>From The Detroit Free Press:

"Several of Detroit's pioneering techno musicians met with Craig in April
at the office of Derrick May, the Detroit DJ scheduled to play the festival's
closing set. They included May, Stacey Pullen and Kevin Saunderson, who
asked Craig to include more Detroit artists on the bill."

"'We let him know that we are one, and he has our support, but we just
want Detroit to be recognized at the festival," said May. "Everybody's
coming here to be down with the source -- not the people who imitate the
source.'"

///

Not to say I told you so, but as I recall when I was commenting on this list
about the lineup a few weeks ago, saying I didn't feel it was extremely
representative of Detroit talent, I feel I was getting hated on a little. Matter
of fact, noone really wanted to touch that topic that much at all, which is
one that I felt was certainly worth discussing on a 313 list. It's almost as if
people didn't want to dare question the holy DEMF and Carl Craig. But
now here it is, from the mouth of the prodigal son of techno himself, Mr.
Derrick May. And it seems that Carl Craig is on the out and out with this
festival anyway. What do y'all think now?

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/