on 7/11/01 6:08 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> I've just bought Weatherall's excellent "Nine o'clok drop"
>> mix CD, which
>> includes "Warm leatherette" by Normal - sounds exactly like
>> the blueprint
>> for Adult... Any recommandations in this very old electro
>> direction, apart
>> Telex (and obviously Kraftwerk) ?
>> Gwendal
>
> Checkout records from Jonzun Crew, Twilight 22, early Dynamix II records,
> Hashim, Cybotron, Afrika Bambataa & the Soul Sonic Force. The list is
> endless.

While these are all electro classics, they're not in the same vein as The
Normal.  The Normal were considered more "new wave" at the time, as opposed
to acts above, which were pioneers of Electronic Funk (AKA Breakin' music or
original Hip-Hop)

> Mixed up in the Hague from I-F is good start. Try to search the archive for
> more info, there had been a lot of e-mail about his mix-cd.

Agreed.  Aside from TG and the Normal, and the odd Gary Numan cut, what else
seems to have inspired Adult?

I'm still looking for Random Hold's "Etceteraville" on CD...
--
im