Ray of Light.. techno-y???  Try TRANCE.
I *heart* Madonna, but I recall her saying, "IM doing something no one has ever done before." With her Ray of Light album. Which is bs. Your right.. being that she grew up in Detroit, she should know and acknowledge detroit techno and its roots.

=)

From: Sean Deason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 'alex' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Sean Deason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 'Dan Kurzius' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] madonna
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:36:18 -0400

since we're on the unlikely subject of Madonna; I like the last 2 albums
very much. in fact the Ray of Light album would make a great William Orbit
album if Madonna would just stop singing all over the music :^) but it
annoys me that since she *so* "electronica" and "techno-y" these days she
hasn't acknowledged the "Detroit" roots of electronica or even tapped one of
the numerous Detroit artists to do a remix. Have none of her handlers ever
mentioned to her that her alleged hometown had a *huge* role in the creation
of the music style she's ripping off these days? I think that with her
influence, she could do a lot for the local "techno" scene by just
acknowledging it.
sean