Luke did those remixes and Madonna approved them, he didn't expect her to.
His idea was to "slaughter" her voice or something. I think this goes back
to the gender argument. From reading her interviews, eg Mixmag of about a
year ago, Madonna listens to music the way a lot of women of her generation
did, or were conditioned to, they listen to everything they are exposed to
without being trainspotters, they are less caught up in the genre politics,
though this has changed a lot even in the last 5 years. I base this on my
growing up since I went to a girls school and I was the only kid who was
obssessed with music and records and synthesizers, to them I was a freak,
now most of my buddies are male or, in the case of the industry, girls like
me who grew up having a 'male' interest. Also Madonna once said that techno
was death but the new electronica was warmer so she had come around to it.