Speaking of great live shows, I have to say I was quite impressed with Herbert @ Motor last night. It seemed like all of his musical personae coalesced and emerged though the "lounge" style of Bodily Functions. Loved whatching him build tracks from samples (jewel cases being smashed, bottles clanking/breaking, jaws popping, vox, etc), tweaking them and then morphing them into sequence and developing the BF songs. Phil is an amazing pianist - funky & jazzy...Dani was sultry and fun and Matthew has an amazing sense of rhythm and timing (great accordianist, too!). It was like Dr.Rockit built the intros, Wishmountain/Radio Boy would pop up between verses and take the songs into chaos and then Herbert would bring them back to melody and recognizable form like ~that~...stopping/starting on the proverbial dime. Nice deep kicks would emerge now and then and remind you what the man can do with House. Afterwards the whole ensemble was accessible and affable. Matthew seemed genuinely enthused to meet me- especially when I told him my name and that I sent him samples which appear on Bodily Functions (I think I'm in the track 4 credits). He knew my name and ushered me back to meet Dani, told me he had "played" me in the set, asked if I could recognize it, etc. Dani was very sweet...she said something which seemed quite complimentary to me (couldn't make it out) repeatedly and then pulled me to her and kissed me :-) (sweetly). Admittedly I was a bit surprised and dazed! Anyway - great show. I think the live set comes off even better than Bodily Functions as a record. Much more a hodgepodge of Matthew's styles and a boatload of fun!

                                        jeff