I've had similar experiences with satellite - I had to wait 3 1/2 weeks for a record, and then I was overcharged (on a debit card - which cost me money for overcharged account - which was severely overcharged (not jsut $2 or something)). I have had good luck with sixeleven records 611records.com though they never tell you if they're out of a record, neither does sonicgroove (www.sonicgroove.com) - groovetech is easily the best online record retailer - as planetx (planetxusa.com) and sonicgroove start charging premiums for sought after records, and never tell if they are in stock or not (though planetx sometimes did - and they may have changed since i ordered from them 1 1/2 years ago)

You can also try large record stores with online presence - gramaphone records in chicago has a deep back-catalogue of house (though I'm not sure how much is advertised online) but they only advertise records that are in-stock. You can always call them as well. Disadvantages to large record stores include sales tax, large shipping fees, and having to deal with people that don't want to be on the phone.

I've also found that you must know where your online shop is, as some are in teh uk (or even germany) and you might think you're getting a good deal on imports, but you're getting charged for it in shipping.

Hope this helps a bit!
Cheers!
Dennis

no offense to anyone who may be satisfied with satellite records, but I and
many other people I've talked to about them have had nothing but problems.
Problems range from over charging accounts all the way down to a month or
two long wait for shipment of records that should be available immediately.
I've had the later happen to me the few times I did order from satellite.

I would suggest trying www.planetxusa.com for any online record orders.
They were one of the pioneers in online music shopping and have been around
long enough to have built a solid reputation throughout the industry.  I
only talk highly of them because I personally, as well as a good majority of
their shoppers have had nothing but solid performance by PX.

just thought i'd throw in my experiences

danny