>mmm, well I too question all that talk about them. at the time I always
>thought they were boring and, let's say, a bit proggy! yes, I remember them
>as elp in kraftwerk suits, ah ah.

>lots of good people are influenced by bad stuff, it's their thing and we do
>not have to be exposed to it directly

ok, someone in desperate search
for credibility, like 'i listened to
kraftwerk when i was 5'.
there is no question if ymo are
influential or not, they definitely
were and everyone (ask john acqauaviva,
for example) who knows their music
also knows that they were not a copy
of kraftwerk, rather a fusion of
european synth sound with their own
native influences. also, there's a lot
of irony (or a kind of 'pretended' naivity)
in their music, which some people probably
do not like

i also think that the sample in rob hood's
'rhythm' was a hommage not a kind of rip off

and, it's not the correct way to listen
to music saying 'i downloaded some tracks
and thought it was a bit like this and a
bit like that, all in all not my cup of tea',
as much good music takes a while to get into,
and i know many examples also and especially
in the world of detroit techno.